(Phoenix, Arizona. August 6, 2013) – Infra-Tect, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has been selected as one of the Semi-Finalists in the 2013 Cleantech Open Business Competition and Accelerator Program.
The Cleantech Open recognizes emerging green and sustainability-oriented companies and provides accelerated expansion opportunities. It also provides greater visibility to showcase products and services to those who could most benefit from advances in clean and sustainable technology in areas that include water management, infrastructure, and environmental technology. Infra-Tect was chosen as a Cleantech Open Semi-Finalist because the company has designed and patented the Bevel-Sert, a unique and easy-to-install isolation flange for ductile iron pipe (DIP). The Bevel-Sert is proven to address corrosion and safety issues by multiplying the longevity of DIP underground water and wastewater infrastructure. Advantages versus currently available DIP accessories include:
- Isolation of each pipe joint, improving cathodic protection, polywrap protection, and non-protected pipes to greatly increase pipe lifespan.
- Improved installation speed, ease, and safety by eliminating the need to bevel the pipe.
- Meets ANSI/AWWA C906-7 for Polyethylene Pressure Pipe and Fittings for Water Distribution and Transmission
- Material is NSF/ANSI Standard 61 approved
Infra-Tect is adding the Bevel-Sert to its product line which also includes the Snap-Sert isolation flange used to encapsulate the exposed cut end of Asbestos Cement Pipe (ACP) during installation, repair, and removal/disposal.
- What would it mean if you could eliminate the need to bevel pipe?
- What would it mean if you could isolate each pipe joint in a cathodic protection scenario?
- What would it mean if you could improve worker safety in pipe assembly?
- What would it mean if you could increase the life of Ductile Iron Pipe?
- What would it mean if we could lower life cycle costs for infrastructure?
Infra-Tect is a water and wastewater underground infrastructure company that provides innovative solutions around pipe corrosion prevention, worker safety and productivity improvements that save you time and money. The Company has developed several patented products designed to ease the installation process and protect ductile iron pipe, C-900 PVC, IPS PVC, SDR-26 and SDR-35 PVC pipe or fittings.